Correira Bros. LLC (“Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage“) operates correirabros.com and may operate other websites. It is Correira Bros’ policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Correira Bros’ purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Correira Bros’ visitors use its website. From time to time, Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on correirabros.com blogs/sites. Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Correira Bros’ websites choose to interact with Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage in ways that require Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up at correirabros.com to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage. Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Correira Brother’s Moving & Storage may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Correira Bros’ behalf or to provide services available at Correira Bros’ websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Correira Bros’ websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage website and have supplied your email address, Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage and our products. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Our reservation calendar is critical to our success at Correira Brothers’ MOVING & STORAGE it controls the staffing of jobs, and our ability to provide accurate estimates. Changes to our reservation calendar have a ripple effect in our business systems and can affect other customers.
That being said, we do understand that things come up. The cancellation policy is designed to secure our calendar at busy times, and therefore ensure the satisfaction of all of our customers. Securing a reservation with your deposit means you accept the terms and conditions of our cancellation policy.
- All deposits are non-refundable unless we are unable to fulfill your order.
Services can be rescheduled with no penalty (subject to availability), deposits are never lost and can be transferred and applied to any service offered. An order may not be canceled and deposits are not refundable after the mover has begun the physical moving services, including but not limited to: packing, loading, storage, transportation to and from the pick-up or delivery address, etc.
Moving Terms & Conditions
- The terms “we”, “us”, “our”, “company”, “carrier”, “mover” and “movers” refers to the Correira Brothers’ Moving & Storage company, a Rhode Island based business and/or our subsidiaries and/or associated entities; Correira Bros LLC, Correira Bros’ Movers;
- The terms “you”, “your”, “customer” and “client” refers to: (i) you individually, (ii) any other person for whom you are legally authorized to act, and (iii) any other person who is legally authorized to act for you, in connection with movement and/or storage of your household goods, office furnishings and personal effects (“goods”);
- The term “pbo” stands for packed by owner; referring to anything that was packed/boxed/wrapped not by our company but by the customer.
Booking with our company forms the basis of a legal agreement between you and Correira Bros LLC as outlined below:
- You are responsible to ensure the company has the best contact phone numbers to reach you on the day of your move. We will not dispatch our trucks or any crews without making contact with you on move day. The customer or his/her representative must be present during the start of the move and final walk-through.
- For hourly rate services, our time runs continuously until all of your service needs are completely satisfied. Job Time = Labor Time + Travel Time + Fuel Fee. Labor Time: The clock starts once movers arrive at your origin address (whether you are ready or not) and continues throughout the unloading and reassembly at the destination or storage address until our tools and equipment are back in our truck(s) and ends when payment is completed. Travel Time: Time added to Labor Time in order to compensate time spent traveling from our warehouse to the shipper’s point of origin and from the destination address back to our warehouse. After you book a move Travel Time is flat. It does not matter how long it actually takes to reach you. Any Break Time will be deducted off your total Job Time.
- We accept cash, money orders, company checks, credit/debit cards (3% processing fee on all electronic payments). WE DO NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- For all moves, you must pay the reservation deposit with a credit/debit card. The remaining balance due must be paid upon completion of your job before we leave the premises. Any damages must be noted on our damage report during the final walk-through and photos must be taken with our company camera before we leave. If damage does occur to items at the time of the move, you are legally responsible to pay the full amount for the move. Then you must go through the claims process.
- We only move empty aquariums. (This means empty of water and creatures such as lizards, turtles and snakes).
- We do NOT move waterbeds or jacuzzis.
- If the move requires work above and beyond the original order for services, we reserve the right to fulfill other obligations before completing your additional work.
- Company reserves the right to reschedule the move at an agreed upon time, without liability of any kind, if there is inclement weather, including but not limited to, rain, snow, ice, etc. This is for the safety of not only the moving crews, but of our valued clients and their belongings as well. Company is not responsible for delay or trip termination due to weather or unsafe road conditions (i.e. snow/ice, unsalted roads, accidents or other circumstances beyond the company’s control, etc). If work is performed under any of these conditions additional time may be required.
- Company is not liable in the event of a mechanical breakdown while on charter and will only be responsible for making up lost time at a mutually agreed upon date.
- We reserve the right to send extra men to complete a job if the scope of work is more then what was described in the original phone assessment or if the work time is running beyond 8 man-hours. The customer will be charged accordingly.
- We reserve the right to limit our work day to 12 hours per job. All time billed after 8 hours is considered overtime and will be charged an additional $15.00 per hour per employee.
- Our movers will move your pianos, appliances and items over 300 lbs. if indeed the work can be done safely. We do not move any of these items up or down stairs. Any of these items that are moved up or down stairs is done as a courtesy and Correira Bros LLC will not be held liable for any damages or loss resulting from the moving of any of these items. We will not do anything that we deem to be unsafe in any way.
- If a piano has light weight legs (usually the front), we will not be responsible if they will not go back on if we have to take them off (sometimes the nut is loose inside the piano and will turn when you try to replace the leg).
- Customer is responsible to arrange adequate parking for company’s vehicle(s) prior to the move. Customer agrees to pay any parking fees or tickets assessed to the carrier for any vehicles while under hire by the customer at the time of the charge. Company will not take a truck off pavement or on steep grades unless deemed safe by the crew, or unless approved by the office. We will not drive our truck(s) over freshly paved/graveled driveways. We will not drive our truck(s) on any grass lawn/yard, if you insist that we do so then you will be required to sign a waiver relinquishing us from any and all damages plus you will incur all expenses regarding removing the truck(s) if necessary. Any time spent positioning the vehicle(s) or time lost due to vehicle(s) getting stuck will be at customer’s expense.
- We try to be as flexible as we can with scheduling. If you cancel or reschedule on the day of your move, the base fee will be charged to you according to the number of movers plus any distance traveled.
- Our company will not do anything that we deem to be unsafe in any way.
- Our company will not work in unfloored attics. Ceiling damage and personal injury may result. Company assumes no responsibility for ceilings.
- You may move your own glass, porcelain, ceramics, etc. yourself. If you wish, we will move them carefully, but will not be responsible for breakage and/or resulting damage due to improperly customer-packed fragile items. We can wrap fragile items with furniture pads for protection but our liability limits any compensation when the customer has failed to properly pack said fragile items. If customer fails to properly pack fragile items, customer assumes all risks and responsibility for any damages.
- For safety reasons, small children and pets must be kept out of work area. Our immediate work zone can be a hazardous place where serious injury could occur. We also reserve the right to delay or refuse service if we arrive at a job location and there are other service providers working on site such as painters, carpenters, roofers, locksmiths, etc. This is NOT a safe scenario for relocation services to be performed. If canceled or rescheduled this will be treated the same as article #15 (a cancellation or reschedule on the day of your move) and the base fee will be charged to you according to the number of movers plus any distance traveled.
- We are often asked to perform tasks that border on the impossible. Our company will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to; standing pieces on end, sharp turns, overcrowded work areas, tight squeezes, narrow or spiral stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handling items through windows or over balconies, railings, etc, and any damage caused by weather. You will be asked to sign a waiver if we agree to attempt a move that we deem unsafe or unreasonable.
- Due to safety laws and regulations our company will not move any flammables or hazardous materials.
- When moving household items, our company has found deterioration occurs over time due to age/heat/dry rotting. Mattresses lump and disfigure upon disturbing, lamp shades and lamp bases and wiring also become brittle and rotten. If you wish, we will move them carefully, but will not be responsible for damage of deteriorated items. If due to an inherent weakness in a piece of furniture (i.e. defect, prior repair, unstable construction) if damage occurs, you understand that we will not be liable for any damages to that piece.
- Moving policy in regards to particle board / simulated wood products / ready to assemble furniture: since these items are not structurally created to be moved once assembled, we will not repair or replace these items if they are damaged by our services. Particle board/simulated wood/ready to assemble furniture products and pressed board have poor structural integrity which does not lend itself to moving or repair. We will move these items carefully but cannot be responsible for any damage of said furniture. These items are excluded from any and all moving insurance coverage.
- While under contract, all fees will be paid for by the client.
- All deposits are non-refundable unless we are unable to fulfill your order. Services can be rescheduled with no penalty (subject to availability), deposits are never lost and can be transferred and applied to any service offered. An order may not be canceled and deposits are not refundable after the mover has begun the physical moving services, including but not limited to: packing, loading, storage, transportation to and from the pick-up or delivery address, etc.
- We reserve the right to refuse to perform work without justifying our refusal. In the event that the customer has inaccurately or inadequately informed us of the work required, we will retain any deposits that have already been paid without refund.
- We reserve the right to refuse work in the event that our movers arrive and find the working conditions to be hazardous for their health or safety, including but not limited to; fecal matter, urine, excessive animal hair and dander, excessive dust, mold or mildew, strong urine or musty odor(s), presence of rats/mice, roaches, fleas, bed bugs or other pest infestation, faulty steps or staircases, non cleared path ways, floors or walk ways, any situation deemed to be a risk to injury, domestic disputes or any violent activity presented upon the work site. In any of these situations, our moving team and our office reserve the right to consider a fair hazardous condition fee rather than refusing the job outright. Any hazardous condition fees may apply per mover and will be added to the total cost of the bill.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY:
- Our company’s liability for lost or damaged items is limited to $.60 per pound per article (maximum of 167 lbs.) unless additional insurance has been purchased by the customer. The right is reserved by our company to repair or replace any damaged item(s). If damage occurs we will at our discretion repair the item(s) or compensate for it’s depreciated value or $.60 per pound, whichever is the lesser of the two.
- Our company will not be responsible for articles left behind in vehicles. At the completion of the move, you will be asked to do a final “walk-through” with your crew chief. At this time you are asked to inspect all items including the inside of vehicles. Anything left behind will be the full responsibility of the customer to pick up or pay for shipping, handling and a fair inconvenience processing fee (at the discretion of the manager or owner of our company) to have item(s) mailed to them if possible.
- The condition of any item(s) boxed by customer (PBO/packed by owner) are not insured by our company and is the responsibility of the customer. Items that are not packed/ boxed/ wrapped or unpacked/unboxed/unwrapped by us will be full liability of the customer and at the customer’s risk. We are not responsible for any damages to anything packed/ boxed/ wrapped by anyone other than us. Company is not responsible for unpackaged/ unboxed/ unwrapped or improperly packaged/ boxed/ wrapped items that may break due to packing/ boxing/ wrapping by the client.
- Our company shall in no way be responsible for the working condition of electronic equipment, grandfather clocks, or any other piece of mechanical/electrical equipment (MCU/mechanical condition unknown). Since we do not know the mechanical condition of certain items or appliances, we only assume responsibility for items that receive visual damage due to our service. Our company does not cover the internal damage of furniture or objects that are not externally damaged, or visible at the time of the move and that are an unavoidable part of transportation of that particular object or furniture i.e. electrical goods. As these objects may be faulty prior to removal no matter how carefully they are handled.
- Liability is limited to $50.00 for damage to floors, walls, doors, and painted surfaces, in the event that we cannot correct the situation ourselves. We reserve the right to attempt to mend damages to said areas first. Liability limit may be raised by written agreement of both parties prior to move. We are not responsible for unprotected flooring.
- Our company will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, over-crowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather. Pictures will be documented and you will be asked to sign a waiver if we agree to attempt any non-routine moving request.
- Our company shall not be responsible for loss or damage to accounts, bills, bonds, deeds, coin and stamp collections, alcohol, prescription medications, firearms and ammunition, checks, evidence of debts, letters of credit, passports, tickets, documents, manuscripts, notes, mechanical drawings, securities, currency, money, bullion, precious stones, jewelry, or other similar valuables, paintings, statuary, or other works of art; or property carried gratuitously or as an accommodation. The process of removing drawers must be done in the presence of the customer or their agent. We assume no responsibility for money, jewelry or other valuables. Please be sure that these items are safely put away before our movers arrive. Our company STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THAT YOU PERSONALLY MOVE ITEMS OF SIGNIFICANT MONETARY OR PERSONAL WORTH. We accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever for these goods that are damaged or lost whilst being handled by us (unless full packing and full unpacking is provided by our company).
- Our company shall not be responsible for damage resulting when moving household items that have deteriorated or have an inherent weakness (see article #22 of company policies).
- Our company shall not be responsible for glass in any form or damage resulting from glass breakage unless said items have been specially packaged by the customer. This applies to porcelain and ceramic items as well.
- Our company shall not be responsible for pets in any way.
- Our company may use dollies or a hand-truck(s) to facilitate removal or placement of appliances, etc., and damage that may result to soft floors, such as, but not limited to, indentation, scuff marks, etc., are not the responsibility of our company.
- Our company shall not be responsible for damage to waterbeds or any subsequent damage. We claim no expertise as waterbed technicians.
- Our company shall not be responsible for damage to items requiring special instructions if customer fails to provide such instructions including, but not limited to, dis-assembly or assembly of said items and any special preparation required.
- Our company assumes no liability or responsibility for any items and cargo placed in the customer’s own vehicle or in rental equipment (not limited to ABF trailers, PODS or any other storage units). Our liability ends once we leave the job site and the liability of damages then falls on the transporter(s). The client assumes full financial responsibility and liability for any missing items or damage to their properties of the rented vehicle caused during the duration of the move from either party.
- Our company may use dollies or a hand-truck(s) to move heavy objects such as but not limited to pianos, appliances, items over 300 lbs., etc. Any floor surfaces including but not limited to parquet, hardwood, ceramic, marble, entrance halls, etc. and any damage that may result to soft floors, such as, but not limited to, indentation, scuff-marks, etc., are not the responsibility of our company.
- Any damage caused by incomplete floor areas, such as, but not limited to, subsequent damage to ceilings, will not be the responsibility of our company.
- Our company will not connect washer/dryer, water lines or ice makers. You or your representative must check or accept any plumbing connections. Any assistance we give is as a courtesy only. Water and drain connections are the responsibility of the user. WE ARE NOT PLUMBERS.
- Our company cannot be responsible for the working condition of major appliances. We may assist you with dis-connecting or re-connecting certain appliances out of courtesy only but we will not be held liable in the event of injury or damage. The customer assumes all risks and liability. Our company strongly recommends you hire a professional service provider to install all appliances.
- Our company cannot be responsible for dents or scratches on major appliances. They are covered by a thin metal that has an extreme affinity to dent and scratch.
- Our company will not repair or replace pressed board or simulated wood furniture. Much of the budget priced furniture today is made from a pressed wood or wood byproduct material w/ a photograph of wood grain attached. Some of the wood grain look is simply paper and some is very thin plastic material like on lower end kitchen cabinets. This type of material is not structurally strong, especially if it has screws, since the screw threads have no real grain to imbed into, just crumbly pressed wood chips held together by some binding agent. It is not repairable and we have seen it crumble from the smallest vibrations riding in a truck across town. Do not EVEN ask us to repair or replace this type of furniture! We will do our best to move it successfully for you. This type of furniture is specifically excluded from basic and increased insurance coverage. Please see article #23 of company policies.
- Our company accepts no responsibility and will not be held liable in the event that our actions cause inconvenience, loss of earnings or any other cost to the customer even in cases where such losses are due to our negligence.